Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Non-stop ♥ 11:30 AM
Well what a busy couple of days it has been!
Yesterday, we had orientation, and our first day of class. The university ran us through some things we should know about city life, and London in specific. We were given our ID's, along with a number of other helpful items. After, we were sent to "lunch". I'm not entirely sure what the goal was, but the luncheon was free, even though it was kind of lacking. Ah well.
After lunch, everyone was sent to their classroom for the first day. My lecturers are awesome. Andy has a fantastic background in photography and a wonderful, dry, sense of humor. Eileen is so helpful and makes sure everyone is on the same page. They compliment each other beautifully. Not only that, but Westminster apparently has been teaching photography since it's beginning. This makes DePaul look like the pits..
So far, classes are going well, and I'm pretty excited (yet slightly nervous) about our first project. My proposal is to photo the people camping outside the House of Parliament. In order to do this, though, I'd like to actually sit and talk with some of them and get to know them. Hopefully I'll get a good response.
Soon, we're leaving to go to the London Eye. After, we're off to a pub walk. I'm quite excited for both! Hopefully you'll hear about it more later.
The End.