london
<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4662602443696170038?origin\x3dhttps://lixxinlondon0.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>
♥ Welcome

Just wishing and hoping
And thinking and praying
And planning and dreaming
His kisses will start...


♥ The Girl

Name: Allie
Birthdate: 10.05
Ambition: photography.
Loves: travel.


♥ Desires

travel
graduate
photo
$$$

live life.


♥ Tagboard

If you want a tagboard,
you could put it here.


♥ Click

Friend
Friend
Friend
Friend
Friend


♥ Past

June 2010
July 2010


♥ Layout

Designer: Lady-Nadya
Images: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Brushes: 1 | 2
Font: DaFont
Base Codes: kynzgerl

Friday, June 25, 2010

So let's talk about Anne.. ♥ 11:30 AM



I should really update this more often.
So as I was saying, Tuesday after I blogged, a group of us from the International House walked over to the London Eye to meet for our event. It was really neat going on, and you get a view of the city that you can't really get from anywhere else, unless you're in an airplane. The ride itself takes roughly half an hour, and the pods are quite huge to walk around in. When our ride was finished, we walked along the South Bank, as our guide told us of many stories and histories. We saw the Wibbly Wobbly bridge (as Londoners call it), or to most of us, the Millennium Bridge. Not only that, but we went to a couple pubs along the way. (Hence "pub walk".)
Now, I must say, the beer here is much much better than the beer back in the states. My tolerance isn't what it once was, but after one beer in a 20-minute setting a buzz was definitely coming on. So naturally, we went to the next pub. We had dinner there, and to be honest, I wasn't that impressed. The male bartender was really nice to me, but the two females behind the bar had quite an attitude toward my friends. Not only that, but an entire dinner order was "forgotten". Now, if only I could remember the name of the pub...
In class Wednesday, we met outside of the Waterloo tube station, and our lecturer, Andy, took us around to work on our photo projects. Once again, we found ourselves at the South Bank. Because my project needed a specific location, Andy told me to go off on my own to go shoot, and to meet back in an hour. I was slightly nervous about this, as it was my first time wandering around alone since I've been here, but it wasn't bad.
Outside the House of Parliament, there are protesters on the lawn. This is what I wanted to focus on for my first project. However, I'm not so sure anymore. During class, I made my way over there and took pictures from afar, trying to get some decent establishing shots and everything. But it was clear by looking at my pictures, that I still had quite a barrier between myself and the people camping out. Finally, I realized that I didn't have much time left, so I made my way to talk to some people. The first guys I talked to were very understanding and helpful. They responded well to me, regardless of me being from the U.S. However, that couldn't be said for all the people I spoke to that day. What are you supposed to say to someone who tells you that your country is full of ignorant fools, who only learn geography by bombing places? Needless to say, I think I was slightly in over my head with that project..
After class, I met up with Shannon and Michael and took them to Soho. I really do enjoy that part of town..it's fun. We made our way around some other main streets and back to Oxford, where we went on a hunt to find Primark. For those of you who don't know, Primark is a very large clothing store full of cheap, decent, clothes. So, if you ever find yourself in London, that's a must-stop on Oxford street.
Later that night, a bunch of us just chilled down in our common area, which was cool and low-key. Exactly what we all needed after this crazy week.
On Thursday, my class got out early, so Michael, Alison, Lindsay, and myself went to the Roman street Market. They had a bunch of cute things for cheap, but to be honest, I wasn't much in the mood to shop. I'm glad I know where it's at now, though, so I can always come back. Not long after, we took a bus back, to meet Alex, Shannon, Madison, and Lucy at the British Museum. Admission is free in most museums around here, so we try to take advantage of it. It was really neat inside and full of things the British basically stole from whoever they wanted..hah.
We spent a few hours in there taking everything in, then after, Alex took us to a nearby pub, where a lot of university students go and hang out. We had a beer, then wandered around London some more. There's so much to do here, and never enough time to do it in. We had dinner at a noodle bar, visited a couple stores, then made our way home.
A few hours later, we decided to go out, because it was Thursday (the only night this week we're able to go out and actually enjoy ourselves). We met some people at the Alexander Fleming house, then went to Cargo and Mother. We got home pretty late, and passed out almost instantly.
Not long ago, Madison, Shannon, Michael, and myself got back from the Hampton Court Palace. Henry VIII's favorite home. It's crazy to me, to think about all the things that went on in that place. Not only is it huge, but if you know anything about the Tudors, then you know there's some pretty crazy history in the place. Ultra exciting! Also, while we were there, we took a stroll around the Royal Gardens and went through the very famous maze.
Ahh..by the end of these six weeks, my feet will be permanently out of commission, however. We've literally walked a minimum of 5 miles a day, since we've gotten here, and I greatly underestimated that. Oh well, though.. Each day I'm here, I love this place more and more, I know it's going to be very difficult to leave. Coming back would be great, but I know I wouldn't want to come back as a tourist, rather, someone who plans to stay for a while.
We'll see though...
Tomorrow, we meet at 7am to go to Wales. Hopefully it will be a good time!


The End.