london
<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4662602443696170038?origin\x3dhttps://lixxinlondon0.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>
♥ Welcome

Just wishing and hoping
And thinking and praying
And planning and dreaming
His kisses will start...


♥ The Girl

Name: Allie
Birthdate: 10.05
Ambition: photography.
Loves: travel.


♥ Desires

travel
graduate
photo
$$$

live life.


♥ Tagboard

If you want a tagboard,
you could put it here.


♥ Click

Friend
Friend
Friend
Friend
Friend


♥ Past

June 2010
July 2010


♥ Layout

Designer: Lady-Nadya
Images: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Brushes: 1 | 2
Font: DaFont
Base Codes: kynzgerl

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Museums ♥ 11:32 AM



After my South Bank walk last night, I came back and watched a movie on my laptop. It was the most low-key night I've had in London since being here, but I suppose everyone needs one of those sometime.
This morning I woke up and made my way to the Tate Modern. I think of all the museums I've been to thus far, that has been my favorite, hands down. I think Modern and Post-Modern Art is often over-looked and under-appreciated. I'll be the first to admit that before taking my "Art and Artists in Contemporary Culture" class last quarter, I would go to the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago all the time and somewhat scoff at what I was seeing. Today, however... ahhh I was in glory. I saw the works of Hatoum, Mondrian, Pollock, Warhol, Sander, Dali, Matisse, Duchamp, and even more! Really really really...if you find yourself in London, and the museums are still free. Please please please go to the Tate Modern. It's pretty easy to find, and it's time well spent.
After some hours there, I went back to Lambeth North (the tube station nearest my dorm/hostel) and made my way to the Imperial War Museum. Everything was actually really interesting, and they had so many vehicles/aircraft/other things of the sort, from various wars. My dad would've had a field day in there. Most of my time spent there, though, was at the Holocaust Exhibit.
Everyone is still gone on their trip right now, so I'm just chilling in my room right now. Class in the morning..trying to take it easy. You know.






COMMENTS

  1. natalie says:
    July 21, 2010 3:58 AM
    Enjoy the next several days! One day I hope to go to London...
  2. .allieee says:
    July 21, 2010 1:39 PM
    you will. when i'm living here you guys will obviously have to visit


The End.